Fair Chase G2 Click Pawl Fly Reel- Slate on Slate
Introducing…. The G2! The Fair Chase G2, the latest in Cubalaya’s line of angler-focused, analog-centric Fair Chase Reels, leans on the successes of its predecessor while offering several experience-driven, battle-tested developments and upgrades. We’ve shaved weight from the 4.5” spool, widened the line carrying area to 1.2”, re-engineered the spindle collar, reinforced the reel foot, and fully enclosed the frame so to keep fly and running lines firmly in place. Saltwater or freshwater, two hand switch or spey, the lightweight (10.9oz) and ergonomically-friendly Fair Chase G2 offers unmatched versatility. So much so, we’ve neglected to even assign a line designation to it; having fished the Fair Chase G2 from an 8wt on Bonefish and Redfish all the way up to a 12wt on Giant Trevally and Tarpon, we can definitively report, no task is too tall for the G2. After all, the Fair Chase doesn’t catch fish, you do!
- Manufactured for use in salt water, proven to perform equally well in fresh water.
- 10.8 ounces
- 4.5in inch diameter full-frame click and pawl—no drag, which means the control is literally in your hands.
- Over-sized palming surface on the spool edge gives the angler the contact surface necessary to easily adjust pressure on the fish by hand while keeping a deep bend in the rod.
- Dual winding knobs for fine-tuning allow the angler to keep the reel balanced and seamlessly transition from palming to retrieving line.
- Flip-flop (anti-reverse) bearing allows for both left and right hand retrieve.
- Anti-reverse bearing allows for unencumbered line pick-up and immediate transition to the resistance of the clicker.
- Designed and developed with the constant input of guides and seasoned anglers.
- NEW- Inbound Clickers for that pleasing click when retrieving your line
- CNC machined in-house at Cubalaya Outfitters in the USA from aircraft-grade 6061 T6 Aluminum and 316L Stainless Steel.
- Self-lubricating bushings and stainless steel hardware throughout.
Applications and Line Info:
- Designed for 8wt-12wt line…Yes that is correct. This reel can nearly do it all!
- Ability to lightly load backing for a lighter weight fly line and still maintain large diameter palming control
- Can heavily load backing to keep a higher line retrieval rate
- 300 Yards of 30# Dacron – and can still carry up to a 12 weight line
- Will hold more on lighter line
- 600 Yards of 50# Gel Spun- and can still carry up to a 12 weight line
- Complete Reel
- Custom Reel Pouch
- Collar Removal Tool
- Spare Grease Tube
*FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING- International Shipping Rates Will Vary*
** Please allow extra time for shipping and handling as reels are assembled to order**